Traditionally high traffic areas will be re-located or eliminated in order to reduce crowding. Markers will be placed on the ground in places where a line may form in order to keep people 6 feet apart. Event signage will be placed throughout the space to encourage social distancing. We are providing both in person and virtual options to allow all supporters to participate in the format that feels most comfortable for them. For the in-person event, tables will be spaced 10 feet apart, with options to seat fewer guests per table upon request (i.e. 6 vs 10). It will be requested that attendees remain stationary and maintain physical distancing when eating and/or drinking.
Multiple bars will be provided to avoid congregations. Additionally, tableside drink service for wine and soft drinks will be provided to all tables to further reduce lines near bars.
There will be no after party for the event. The event will not surpass 50% capacity.
Registration & Purchases
All participants must be registered to participate in the in-person event. Pre-registration will be encouraged in the weeks leading up to the event to reduce the number of participants who need to check in/register. Attendees will arrive at staggered times to avoid large numbers of guests checking in at the same time.
All participation at the event (registration, auction bidding, raffle purchases, donations) will be executed via mobile devices, eliminating the need for any contact to be made between staff/volunteers and guests.
Safety instructions will be communicated to in-person guests prior to the event, including:
• Guests should stay home if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing any COVID-19 symptoms (Fever of 100.4 and above or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea) within the past 14 days.
• Guests should stay home if they have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone that has had symptoms within the past 14 days.
• Masks will be requested except for when participants are eating/drinking in a stationary position.
The above instructions will also be included on signs posted around the event.
Hand sanitizing stations will have prominence in primary entryways and key high traffic areas, including inside and outside event space(s), public restrooms, and congregating areas.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
All high touch areas will be cleaned as often as possible, at least once an hour. Additional details can be found in the Hilton Event Ready Playbook.
Temperature checks will be completed for all staff/vendors/participants. Any such person found to have a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit shall remove themselves from the event premises.
In addition, participants will be asked:
• Today or in the past 24 hours, have you had fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, or any other known symptoms of COVID 19?
• In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person known or suspected to be infected with COVID 19? If the answer to either of those is yes, the participant shall remove themselves from the event premises.
For additional information or questions regarding the safety measures in place, please email Amy Sundberg at firstname.lastname@example.org